Saturday, January 3, 2009

TheTVObserver - 2009 The New Year


Dear Readers.

Welcome to the New Year. 2008 was a year which marked the return on The TV Observer after a long time away. In less than three months we had published articles for our fans and readers, which received a lot of popularity from those within and outside of TVSA. Thank you for your support.

We decided to take a walk down memory lane to remind ourselves of the year past and the articles written. These are some of the articles which were very popular with readers, they are:

Observing Backstage
Note: This remains one of the most visited articles, despite the fact that it was written in 2006. I caught a promo from etv about the return of the soap. It should be interesting if not exciting to see the old faces of a great youth soap.

The LAB on SABC3
Note: I am looking forward to their new season, I hope it does not disappoint. I will be observing with a sharper eye this time. Which means should I write about, it would be my third observation on the series.

A Plan To Resurrect Isidingo
Note: We are still waiting, guys! PS: You have turned Barker Haines into a weak incompetent meandering p_______ (meaning “wimp”), from a great prime time bad guy we loved…..just so you know.


Observing a Brainy Scam on ETV
Note: I guess it’s official, anyone can ripe South African’s off, even the state broadcasters joins in on the crime! Should we wait for a new law. I heard they even run the show on Christmas….poor viewers.

Observing Vusi and Parsons Fight on Isidingo!
Note: My best moment ever, but it could have been much better. Agnes and her family must move out already. The sectional title nonsense is not on. Oh wait…. is that the producer’s way to cut down on the costs. Whatever, they just need to move.

The Observer: Zuma' TV Interview
Note: You had a lot to say and I enjoyed reading your comments, especially the different views you had. This was a result of this video and the events after, brought with them a new party. In case you mist it, here is reminder:


Note: This was hectic and continues to be quite popular with readers. I don’t what’s going with Motswako but they a turning into sensationalist show. From a great women’s show to a mess… Are they trying to tell us something?

The Observer: I did this for you Baby!
Note: I am just thankful you are not my granny or mother.

The Observer: Weather Anchors
Note: After the blog was published, they tried to improve, but I guess it’s a work in progress. They also included a black weather anchor over at SABC3 prime-time news.

The Observer: Interview with The Lady
Note: She was the ultimate winner of the prize as voted by TVSA members. When The Lady sent me an email to tell me that her office went crazy as they delivered her hamper, I was very excited for her.

The Observer: Language on TV
Note: This blog created such a heated debate but raised issues which needed to be talked about and the majority of comments and opinions agreed with the fact that language is an issue and certain language groups are used as a tool of power and dominance.

The Observer: A Weekend Diner Turns Racist
Note: I don’t accept dinner invitations just as easily after that evenining. I don’t have an appetite for racist and ignorant people. I am still haunted by the fact that a black person can think something this bad about their own race.

The Observer: Rhythm City Fight Scene
Note: The fight was very real and when I asked which actors would readers like to see get into it. Suggestions came flooding in. That was cool. PS: The TV Observer does not condone fighting or physical violence including any violence of any kind. I don’t want to get emails……..


The Observer: Robbed By A Man of God
Note: It was one of the blog’s I enjoyed reading over and over, due largely to the comments by readers. They were constructive and respectful of each other. That was fun and educational, although the subject matter was not and it remains a problem for most people.

The Observer: SA RoadLink Nightmare
Note: The saga of this transport company continues to captivate, as a lack of problem solving skills seem to be demonstrated at a super sized level. When people continue to use the services of this company because….there is no option and they need to get back home and now to work.

The Observer: Kissing on TV
Note: I am getting better just as long as I don’t think too much about it. But I have a great kisser - so problem solved, and they find my condition attractive and adorable…not what I would like to have in my mind all the time but lets just kiss each other and forget about it. It was good to know that I was not the only person with such a traumatic experience. Here is song from one of my favorite artist and trust me, kissing whilst this song plays was the highlight of my private New Years eve party before going out with friends to party hard on New Years day. It takes away all the trauma. Enjoy



The Observer: Are You Safe?
Note: This encouraged TheTVObserver to become part of Bloggers United. An attempt to harness the power of the blogosphere to make the world a better place. By asking bloggers to write about a particular subject on 1 day of the month, a single voice can be joined with thousands to help make a difference; from raising awareness for cancer, to an effort to better education systems or supporting 3rd world countries. For more information please visit http://unite.blogcatalog.com/

The concept behind The TV Observer was very simple --- "to create a blog were professionals and fans can discuss television honestly with insightful and healthy debate". Were the responsibility of the blog is to observe and write positive articles. Although it is not our intention nor will it be, for this blog to be a news piece or a one line wonder. We remain committed to its original intend.


Thank you, to all who’ve contact The TV Observer, from international readers and locals, in appreciation of the blog and its articles. We hope to continue to offer you great articles in this wonderful and great New Year.

This year, we ask readers and fans to please keep your comments pertinent to the articles. You are entitled to your own opinion, which we value immensely, but your comments should not contain any profanity or offend others! Continue to be unique, but do not be scared of being critical. After all, you’re constructive opinions make us improve our blog. Honesty and different views are catalysts of progressive discussions. Your comments should not be lame one liner’s like 'Interesting' ….they are seen as...Spam and will be deleted.

No comments: