Katie achieved fame for her role as Joey Potter on The WB television teen drama Dawson's Creek from 1998 to 2003.
"Dawson's Creek" received a huge success and popularity when it came up in 1998, became a major TV series of Columbia Tri-Star. Katie, who had moved to Wilmington, North Carolina during the filming process of this teen drama, strived as a new rising star in Hollywood.
In 2003, she was involved in two films, being a nurse to Robert Downey Jr. in "The Singing Detective", and starring as April Burns in an indie movie entitled "Pieces of April." In the same year "Dawson's Creek" entered its last episode after having aired for six seasons.
Her charismatic beauty and remarkable talent bring admiration to everyone so that she has been chosen as one of Teen People Magazine's "21 Hottest Stars Under 21" in 1999, then "25 Hottest Stars Under 25" in 2003.
Being a beautiful brunette, this actress had no difficulty in establishing love relationships. Joshua Jackson and Chris Klein were the young actors whom she had dated with. In 2003, she and Chris then proclaimed their engagement which unfortunately only lasted for 2 years for they decided to separate in March 2005. To everyone's surprise, she shortly thereafter was seen together with Hollywood phenomenal actor, the gorgeous Tom Cruise.
In early 2005, Holmes began a highly publicized relationship with actor Tom Cruise, which drew attention due to the sixteen-year age difference between the two.
Only seven months after the birth of Suri, the time had come for TomKat to tie the knot. Spent an amount of $2.5 million for the big day, it was worth for people to dub the couple's wedding as "wedding of the year." The black-tie lavish wedding held on November 18th at the Odescalchi Castle in Lake Bracciano, Italy was a fairytale one, a dream came true for the bride who has been dreaming of it for so long. Performed by a Scientology minister, the nuptial brought quite a heavy frenzy among public worldwide, taking into account its historical location and A-list celebrity guests, naming that of the Beckhams, J.Lo, and Brooke Shields among others.
Katie took part in the annual New York City Marathon on November 4, 2007 and completed her stint at the 26.2 mile challenge in 5 hours, 29 minutes and 58 seconds.
- Ranked 6th in Forbes.com's first-ever analysis of Top-Selling Famous Faces (October 2007).
- Had her wedding with Tom Cruise chosen as the No. 1 Wedding of the Year in a poll conducted by In Touch magazine in December 2006.
- "My Best Friend's Wedding" (1997) is her favorite movie.
- The first movie she ever saw was "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" (1982).
- The first concert she ever saw was one of Whitney Houston.
- Playing Sydney in "Scream 3" (2000) was her fantasy role.
- Likes to eat jelly bellies, buttered popcorn, onion rings, cookie dough, and veggie burger.
- Contributed her sweet voice to an episode of "Dawson's Creek" (1998), singing Eponine's theme song, "On My Own" from Les Miserables.
@ 2009 © TheTVObserver. All Rights Reserved
Pictures used on TheTVObserver graphics and information sourced from third parties are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.